How to Restrict RDP Access by IP Address
Restrict RDP Access by IP Address
- Connect to your server via RDP.
- Open Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Click on Inbound Rules in the left pane.
- Locate your RDP Rule
- Right click the rule, go to Properties, switch to the Scope tab.
- In the Scope tab. edit the Remote IP Address section
- Click the radio button next to These IP Addresses
- Then click Add...
- If using a single IP Address, simply type it in the top text field, then click OK.
- For every additional single IP Address, repeat Steps 3 & 4.
- If you need to add an IP Range, click the radio button next to This IP range
- Type the start of the range in the From field, and the end of the range in the To field.
- For every additional range, repeat Steps 6 & 7.
9. After adding every desired IP Address, click the OK button to finalize the changes.