This is an easy step by step guide on how to add a password to your Don't starve Together Server inside the Game Management control panel. Steam Community Mods -
In order to install a mod in your game manager you will first need to access the Steam Workshop.
Once you have found The Don's Starve Together workshop you need to click on the mod that you want to install. Once you click the mod, it will take you to the mod page and you browser link will have changed and should look like the Image Below. Copy the id number from your mods link
- you will need this shortly. (id number is highlightedbelow)
- First Sign in to the Game manager http://gamehosting.co/my-account/game-manager/ (You will need to use your login details that were sent to your email.) Step 2
- Once you have signed into the game manger you will need to click on the "Game servers" button
. Step 3
- You will now see your game server on the screen. Click on the manage button.
- You will now be inside game server settings where all your settings can be edited. Click on the configuration files button. Step 5
- click "Text Editor" on "mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua
" Important - Updating your server will erase any mods currently installed on your server. To prevent having to find all the ids again, please copy any mods you add in the below formats seen in steps 6 & 9
. (Below) Step 6
- Once inside "mods\dedicated_server_mods_setup.lua" you will either see an empty text file or one full of info about uploading mods. Delete everything in the file and paste this in - ServerModSetup("434399206") You will then need to replace the id/number between the brackets with your mods id. Which you should have found earlier in the steam community workshop.
- Return back to the Configuration files. Step 8
- Next you will need to go back to the click Configuration files and click "Text Editor" on mods\modsettings.lua Step 9
- Once inside "mods\modsettings.lua" you will either see an empty text file or one full of info about uploading mods. Delete everything in the file and paste this in - ForceEnableMod("434399206") You will then need to replace the id/number between the brackets with your mods id. Which you should have found earlier in the steam community workshop. Important - You will need to paste your mod id to both files in order for the mod to work on your server for everyone playing. You must complete both step 6 & 9 correctly. Step
- Now return Back to the game servers option and click restart. Once your server has finished restarting. Login in to Don't Starve Together and search for your lobby. Your game will now have the mods.Step 10 -
1. Stop server (If it's not already paused)
2. Then click File manger > DoNotStarveTogether > MyDediServer > Master > save
3. In the save folder delete the following (saveindex) and the 2 folders (session and server temp) - only delete these. Nothing else.
4. Start your game server again.
This final step will delete your old world in order to create a new world with your new changes.